Tuesday, January 28, 2014

photography class

I am at it again, trying desperately to improve my photography skills and feel like I am worthy of my camera. Or just to finally understand what the h#$@ the f-stop is, and why I should care about it. This is the fourth or fifth time I have taken a class to try and learn such things, and it obviously hasn't stuck yet, but hope springs eternal and all that.

Extremely artistic picture of a bubblegum jar.
Can you see how much I learned about ISO?


My friend Eileen signed up with me for a class in our town. I texted her five minutes after the class start to let the teacher know I was running a bit late. She responded that she was still at home, under the impression that class didn't start for another hour.

We are the only two in the class. The instructor obviously has his work cut out for him.

Extremely artistic picture of photography equipment.
My understanding of aperature should be quite evident.


It only got worse when I started asking extensive questions about how to optimize pictures of yarn, which is when Eileen really hit her stride.

It remains to be seen if the poor man actually shows up for our class next week.

3 comments:

  1. I took a pro photography class once and realized how thankful I am for the "auto" setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you! I wanted to take a photography class so I sent my 14 year old son to take it for me. Now he takes photos for me or sets the camera up and I press the button! ;-)

    ReplyDelete