Going out to get the paper
Things aren't too bad just yet, though we are right at the start. Winds are picking up and the rain is pelting down. I'm getting this post up before the inevitable loss of cable and thus internet access. We do have a generator on standby, and fingers are crossed that it works when we need it.
My training schedule for the half marathon called for me to run four miles today.
My husband (calling me from the barn, while he was out doing chores, voice raised over the wind): "It's not too bad out here! If you go out right now, you'll just be soaked. You'll have the wind at your back all the way out, though you will have to run against it coming home. It's going to get worse, so I think the best idea is to go out now!"
Me (while appreciative of his support and enthusiasm): "Ummm, no. I don't think so."
The kids are home, as school was cancelled, and we just made the decision to shut down my LSH's office for today and tomorrow. We can always open up if someone is in dire straits.
So far the most affected person is Primo. His 17th birthday is tomorrow, and his driving test was scheduled (ten months ago) for 8:30 am. Unfortunately all road tests were cancelled through Wednesday. He'll have to wait a bit longer for his ticket to freedom, but at this point, it doesn't look like he'd have much of anywhere to go.