Friday, April 25, 2014

woollen roses

One week from today...

I will be at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.

I can't wait. I love the combination of being with my parents and boys (but unfortunately no boys this year), visiting with people that I only get to see once or maybe twice a year if I am lucky, sharing all our hard farm work with others, breathing the wool fumes created by others' hard work, and spending time with a heck of a lot of people that have the same obsession that I do.

It's an unbeatable combination. I am "in the getting excited" stage. I am also in the "panicking because I am not nearly ready" stage. Today was a day off work, giving me a nice block of time to do something about the latter condition. Things aren't starting to gell together quite yet in the way that makes me feel like I just might be okay, but I did get some solid licks in.

I have been working for a while on putting together these samplers of colored wool for felting, and I finished packing them today.




The fancy egg containers and the idea were given to me by Robin—more on the happenings in her sheepy world tomorrow. They were more work than I initially calculated, but I am crazy pleased with the result.



Up close, they look like... well, you know.




Part of the problem was guarding them from the wool maruader in our house. If I left them unattended for a few minutes, one color or another would "mysteriously" vanish, never to be seen again.


Who, me?


I am not accustomed to having to deal with anyone who has the slightest bit of interest in wool, but I am learning on the job. It does make a nice change to have someone who shares my fascination with the stuff, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment