Sunday, April 22, 2012

needle felted soaps

I couldn't resist sharing those photos of the lambs at play on Friday, instead of my farm on Friday work. But the reason I had a camera in my hand at just the right moment was that I was intending to take pictures of my latest creations!

Soap, of course...



I started combining needle felting with the felted wool casings around the soaps, and the results were addictive. These soaps are for the booth at Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, so I needed quite a few, but I had to make myself stop making them once I got to forty soaps. I don't think any two are alike, either!

The festival is less than two weeks away, so I have shifted from "farm on Friday" work to "farm work around the clock, trying desperately to get ready." No time for knitting, even.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! How much will you sell them for? Do you make the soap that's in them?

    Keep up the good work!
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to that question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't make the soap in them -- I know my limits! I used a high end commercial bar (Yardley). The ones with the patterns are $7 and the multicolored ones are $6.

    ReplyDelete