Saturday, January 14, 2012

lucky me

Yesterday my fiber group held their annual Yankee Swap, which was postponed from December due to various illnesses and schedule conflicts. I have never made it in December -- unfortunately, I am an occasional member at the best of times -- but January's meeting I could get to! I left with a box of knitting novels and stitch markers... and came back with the most beautiful fiber to spin.

Gale's Art Alpaca 70% Silk 30%
Colorway "Color-Proud Peacock"

Clearly, I got the best of the deal. Now I need to screw up my courage to spin it. I am in the doldrums with my spinning abilities at the moment, and I have never spun alpaca or silk, so this will be a new one for me.

I'm not even putting it away in the storage bin for fiber. Before I can lose my nerve, I am going to just dive in and do my best with it. It's definitely too gorgeous to sit around for long, plus I think it would be the wrong way to treat such luck.

3 comments:

  1. How lovely! I have never spun an alpaca silk blend, but I return over and over again to spinning wool-silk blends. I think you will really enjoy it! It just won't have much give to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you like it. Just jump in there - you're going to do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dive in! I can't wait to see what you come up with next. (and so very happy you made it out to your group.)

    ReplyDelete