Wednesday, September 9, 2009

senseless

I have had a multitude of posts planned for this week about all the preparations for the fiber festival this weekend. Things I have made, things my family members and friends have made, the set-up, etc.

But sometimes life comes along and lays you out.

I am OK, my family is OK, we are all OK, but we are experiencing a crisis in my husband's family that has utterly and completely shifted my focus in a different direction while we deal with it. For a while today I wasn't sure if I would even be able to make it to the festival because my help might have been needed elsewhere, but I don't think that is going to happen. This evening, my husband asked me what still needed to be done, and I realized that I had no idea, I had it all in my head at one point but it is gone now and even seems kind of irrelevant and frivolous in light of all the recent events.

I am so wrung out emotionally that I am past the point of thinking clearly, at least for tonight. I am hoping a good night's sleep, and a little peace and quiet tomorrow morning when the boys (finally!) depart for school, will help to get me back into that particular groove. Right now everything seems a little touch and go.

2 comments: