Monday, April 6, 2009

boy oh... man

I really don't know why I was so surprised. I think, deep down, I was just trying to avoid the truth. This little guy, pictured almost exactly 13 years ago:



00000001

is shopping in the men's department, as of today.

His feet have been bigger than mine for years now.

He went through a growth spurt recently, and has an inch (or maybe even two) on me at this point.

He skipped over an entire boys clothing size.

So why was I so unprepared? Denial of reality, most likely. Not that I am not proud of the man he is becoming. Not that I mind him growing out and away from me (well, maybe just a bit, if I am completely honest). Maybe it is just making me feel my age more than ever. Today is my very last day in my thirties, so perhaps that had an effect.

But given that outfit up above, who can blame the kid? I am just thankful that he still isn't picky about where he shops or the brands he buys -- although I don't think I will be able to get him into a sweater vest again (or any sweater, for that matter) for the next decade.

Or perhaps never.

1 comment:

  1. It'll be grand kids before you know it...then you can love them all over again.

    ReplyDelete