Monday, December 22, 2014

for the win


Not only is the principal's shawl done... It is blocked and almost dry! Just in time for her surprise party tomorrow, which unfortunately I cannot attend due to work, but Primo has offered to deliver it for me. This was the only Christmas tree knitting I did this year, and it was nice to get a tiny bit of that peaceful time with the tree in.



The pattern is the East Gables Shawl by Judy Marples. Blocking worked its usual magic and I am very, very pleased. Note the cat sneaking into the photo to try and steal the T-pins. She was locked out of the room I had it in to dry, for obvious reasons, until I went in to take the pictures and she went straight for her usual prey.






As a side note, I did love the way the yarn-overs on either side of the center spine were worked, as a lifted stitch (insert the needle from front to back in the bar between the two stitches, and knit into the front) instead of the traditional wrap. It produced a nice firm stitch instead of my usual wobbly hole. That trick has been filed away for future projects.



Please forgive the crappy iPhone photos. No time to stage this one or use the good camera! 






Sunday December 21: Ask
Good Lord, show me the way.




Monday December 22: Relate
The angel Gabriel from heaven came,
his wings as drifted snow, his eyes as flame.



1 comment: