Wednesday, December 17, 2014

four hours of knitting

In case you ever wondered, four hours of knitting looks like this, before:



And after:



No wonder Norway based an entire reality television show around it. Fascinating, amirite?

This is the principal's shawl, which needs to be done by next Tuesday. The first picture is pretty accurate on color. I love Madeline Tosh Merino Light yarn so much, it's a wonder that I don't knit every darn thing with it. My last project using it was my Family Leaves Shawl, and that was way too long ago. It is a wonderfully tactile yarn, and an amazingly beautiful yarn, all of which makes it an absolute pleasure to work every stitch.

I am enjoying knitting someone else's pattern, for the first time in a while. So nice to just follow along and not be considering the next move or taking copious notes (and sometimes even pictures) on what I have just done! I have one more pattern repeat to go, which is 16 rows. I made no progress with it during knitting club tonight, because it is not a knit night friendly pattern, but hopefully I can make some progress tomorrow. Right after holiday shopping, and before the vet visit. Or maybe at the hair salon?



Tuesday December 16: Experience
Come, labor on! No time for rest, til glows the western sky,
and a glad sound comes with the setting sun.





Wednesday December 17: Become
Make me a channel of your peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment