Wednesday, August 29, 2012

nothing but slop

I am still not caught up from our vacation and other summer commitments, and meanwhile the boys are still home. The beauty of living in a state where the kids have already returned to school is not lost on me at the moment.

There is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, but I am pretty sure that it is the headlight of the fast-approaching NJ Sheep & Fiber Festival, taking place next weekend. I haven't made much progress in that direction since the last time I posted, with the exception of wandering around in circles in a blind panic.

The only thing I have really accomplished is more "cooking" for the pigs.



This concoction is:
  • expired flavored yogurt (the date on it was about one month past where I would have made my kids eat it because any bacteria growth would be good practice for their immune systems);
  • stale marshmallows hardened past the point of no return;
  • seedy overgrown cucumbers (because cucumber-yogurt salad, very summery);
  • slightly moldy jam; and 
  • barbecue sauce (the irony was not lost on me but hopefully not recognized by the pigs).
It reminds of that game best played by third-graders, where you mixed up the most bizarre combination of disgustingness and dared your friends to eat it. That someone would eventually appreciate my talents in this regard is further proof that you never know when certain life experiences will come in handy, especially when you take up farming.

No comments:

Post a Comment