Thursday, April 30, 2015

ready or not, here Maryland comes

A very short post tonight because I still have quite a bit to do. Some of it will just have to wait until the last few hours tomorrow morning, and some won't get done at all, and that's okay too. 

This is how I know that I am absolutely at the end of my limit, when I can accept that I can't get it all done.

I didn't have a chance to blog about driving up to get the pelts about a month ago. I was able to combine it with lunch with dear Mrs. C. and two of her lovely children so it was a great day, but I was so pooped when I got home that I didn't have the energy to blog about it. And if memory serves, that was the same day that the roving came back from the processor, so it was a red-letter day of sheepy products.

Today I pulled them out again to take a closer look at them and price them. They are absolutely gorgeous this year, one more lovely than the next.


This one isn't really purple in the middle, more of a grey-brown, but one of the many lovely patterns that were revealed once the tanner was done with them.




This one took the prize for one of the most beautiful patterns we have ever seen here on the farm.




This one is spectacularly soft with a beautiful staple... How I wish we had kept this one as a ram, but we banded everyone when they were newborns, so that decision was made early. Such a shame, this would have been a gorgeous fleece. I am trying not to be too sentimental about it but yet another disappointment of letting our rams go and not breeding first this past fall. I am kicking myself, even as my practical side knows that there is NO WAY we would have been able to deal with lambs this spring. Someday in the future, maybe. Regret always washes in when I am tired and my resistance is low.

Tomorrow: Maryland! Ready or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment