Thursday, April 16, 2015

final farmers market

Nice short season for the Princeton winter farmer's market. Today was the last day until December. Now they will move outside and go to a weekly schedule for the summer, but that's just too much for me to undertake, plus it is way more difficult to sell wool outside in the summer. So this was it, but thanks to the beautiful weather outside today, it was busy with lots of people moving through.


Birds-eye view of the merch


Including a blogging friend, Liz Adams, who though we live not too far from each other, I hadn't met in person before today. What a pleasant surprise to put a face to the name! We have communicated via blog comments for a while now and she was just as lovely in person as she is on her blog. She beat me to getting a blog post up about our meeting, so you can read all about it from her perspective here. It was wonderful meeting her, and I was especially happy to hear that her cat liked the catnip ball. I think the photo of Marigold laying all glazed over and catnipped out is my favorite.

Next up in visits was my college freshman, who has biked down from campus to see me each day of the farmer's market, making it well worth doing for that reason alone. Today he stayed and chatted for a nice long while, and even helped me pack up the table at the end of the day, resulting in a record time for getting everything together.



Next up: Maryland Sheep and Wool! Thanks to this preparation for this market, I am in decent shape at this point, even if my "to do" list is still a mile long. But now I can cross off "Meet Liz Adams in person"!

No comments:

Post a Comment