Monday, September 9, 2013

a big first day of school

It's official. As of today, all the boys are back to school.



Not that I wanted to get rid of them or anything, but whew. Even if I now have the worry of Primo driving himself. We made Secondo take the bus so he understood the routine, but he will probably be in the car with his brother more often than not. Talk about eggs in a rusty basket. I'll have to try not to think about that too much.




Despite my relief at getting them packed back into a routine, I am more than a little sad that this is Primo's last first day of school picture. How is that possible? So to cheer myself up, here's his first back to school picture, taken on the steps of our awesome custom '50s ranch in Milford PA, when he was almost 4 years old. Fourteen years ago. Blink.



Shhh. Don't tell him I posted it. For the record, the tie was his idea, and he was extremely insistent on it. Interesting to note that he still wears polo shirts on the first day. That was quite a run for that tradition.

1 comment:

  1. sigh* Time flies so fast! I am feeling the same with the kids growing so fast. That 4 year old pic is super adorable. He wanted the tie?

    ReplyDelete