Saturday, November 5, 2011

little sprout

One hat down. I finished the Little Sprout hat last night. Two days, start to finish, so the perfect quick and easy baby gift.

Yarn: Louet Gems Sport (machine washable)


I had actually made a hat like this last year, which turned out a bit too small. In March of this year, though, a special baby with a perfectly-sized head was born, and so the hat was mailed off to him.

A little bit better staged than the first one...


I was so pleased with the way that the first hat came out, I always intended to make another one so I could fix and publish the pattern. I thought I would kill two birds with one stone with this hat: contribute something for the church, and finally get the pattern (simple as it is) written out and put up for others to use.

I even had the perfect name: Little Sprout. When I went to check the name -- lo and behold -- there was a pattern that was almost identical to the one I had made! It was just too obvious, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute Kris!...Maybe I can still talk Noali into wearing a leaf hat :-)

    ReplyDelete