Monday, February 15, 2010

destructions

Back in my Christmas gift madness, I had hit upon the idea of making matching hat and cowl/scarf sets for several giftees. Of course I ran out of time before I could do both, and the recipients had to make do with just the cowls. But late last week I managed to finish the matching hat for my mom's cowl. To refresh your memory, my mom and her cowl look like this:

103luscious


The matching hat (Star-Crossed Slouchy Beret, for those of you who care):


hat

At least I think it matches. Hopefully she will look like all the hip-happenin' girls with when she makes her weekly trek into NYC. If she doesn't like it, then she can give it back and I can use it as a yarn sample. It's a win-win situation.

This should have been a very quick and easy knit, and it was, until I reached the decreases. For some reason, I kept making bone-head mistakes, forcing me to rip back my knitting over and over. At one point, as I was ripping it out yet again and lamenting over my bone-head-ed-ness, Terzo said "Doesn't it have destructions? Why don't you just follow them?"

And of course he was absolutely correct.

3 comments:

  1. What's not to like? Wow! I love it--and just the thought of masquerading as a hip-happenin' (read: younger person) sounds so inviting that I may have to change today's plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the mouths of babes. Destructions.. I'll pass that one along.
    Nice job and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has always referred to them as "destructions!" Shows you how much we use instructions :*)

    ReplyDelete