Monday, October 5, 2009

absence

I know, I've been gone for a while and left you to look at my kid with a cut on his forehead.

Where have I been?

The answer is: everywhere and nowhere.

Nowhere in that I did not leave my house, except for the occasional cross-country meet and travel soccer game and 4-H meeting.

Everywhere in that my mind is all over the place. A friend of mine is converting part of her gift shop in town into a fiber store, and of course I could not resist being in the thick of this. We talk daily. I have hauled all kinds of fiber and spindle kits and stitch markers down there. We move the furniture here, there and back over here again. I will be teaching the knitting classes, at least for now, and probably beginner spinning classes a little later. (She is a crocheter and needle-felter, NOT my areas of expertise, so at least our areas of knowledge complement each other!)

I have been dyeing yarn, and knitting sample garments, and researching this idea and that... In short, my mind is so taken with this enterprise right now that it doesn't have room for a lot of other things. In the last week alone, I drove away from the drive-through bank lane with the little canister in my car and got lost on the way to my friend's house.

Add to this the fact that I needed to set up a more formal business structure for my little crafting enterprise, because it just recently hit me that the state might be wanting some sales tax for a few of the items I am selling. It took a trip to the county clerk's office and the bank, plus a few miscellaneous forms, but now I am a little more organized and legal, so that's something.

It's bad, but in a good way.

1 comment:

  1. Now you are on the State's radar. Good luck.
    You and Heidi are two peas in a pod. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete